Monday, July 1, 2019

Paint or Post?

I guess you can tell I'm not exactly ambidextrous as I can't seem to paint and keep up my blog at the same time!

As you can tell from the amount of time between posts though, I have been painting!  And to bring you a bit up-to-date, I want to share the results of the ShinHan Poster Color lightfast test I did when I received the paints back in January.

You all know what a stickler I am for quality art supplies so I was very pleased when the unofficial test revealed very good lightfastness for most of the colors in the set I bought.  I knew from the pigment numbers that some of the reds and pinks were rather fugitive but there were some that held up perfectly so I'll just not use the ones which fade.

Here are a few of the paintings done with the poster color.




I've also been working in oil and will post photos of those paintings in a future blog post.

I want to mention that I've been juried into the MCC CACE/BRUSH RODEO ASSOCIATION WESTERN ART SHOW, Brush, Colorado.  The show runs from now until July 4th, 2019.   If there are any readers in the area, be sure to stop in as some fabulous artists are exhibiting!




No comments: