Monday, August 17, 2015

Tatters at the End of Summer

Here it is the middle of August and it seems that everything is looking a bit on the ragged side.  The flowers are not as bright and perky as they were just a month ago.  And look at that butterfly - note his tattered back end - not the best look for the beautiful yellow Tiger Swallowtail, is it?

This is coming to the time of year that's my least favorite.  Most people look forward to the time when the weather cools down, the kids go back to school and the hectic summer activity slows down a bit.

I don't look forward to the autumn like most people do.  Give me the spring and summer every time.  I love seeing fresh, perfect flowers and butterflies with complete wings!

But, this is what nature has given us so I guess I'll just make the best of it and look forward to next year.

No comments: