Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Oh, Look, Another Bird!







I finished another bird in the woodcarving group and like this one a whole lot better than the first one I carved.  This one was sort of my own design although from a free vector from a public domain photo site I occasionally use.  I still have to put some sort of finish on it but I decided not to paint it.  If I wanted a painted bird, I'd do it on paper or canvas, right?

I think that's it for birds, at least for the time being.  One of these days, I'd like to carve a sandpiper, heron or egret but in the meantime, I have a fox on-board for the next project.  It's quite a bit larger than either of the birds (about 18" long) so wish me success!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks, Sue. I would really like to tackle a horse and will see if I can find some kind of pattern or maybe sketch one of my own. Would also like to see the ones you got in India if you have pictures of them.

Am trying to find patterns/instructions for relief carving which I really like also.

Sue Clinker said...

Not sure if you can show photos in the Blog comments so will email you a picture separately.