Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cheers!

We have some wonderful "neighbors" (about 3 or 4 miles away!) who very generously share their garden with us and we trade various flower and vegetable plants with them.  The wife especially likes margaritas so I bought some inexpensive glasses and painted some Mexican designs on them.  We're going to get a bottle of margarita mix and give it to them along with the glasses for Christmas.  I hope they like them.

It was really difficult painting these small graphics and I was so frustrated by the time I finished, that I went to my optometrist's office and ordered a pair of bifocal eyeglasses!  It's been over 2 months since I was able to see everything clearly and I was so tired of it all that I just sort of snapped.  I have an appointment with the surgeon to have a stitch removed this coming week and still have another follow-up appointment with my optometrist in January and I just couldn't bear to wait any longer to see well.  Even if I need to take another route to see effectively, I wanted the glasses for the interim.  They should arrive next week and I will be so glad.  I was looking forward to not wearing glasses at all and my distance vision in one eye is 20/20 so I know I shouldn't complain at all.  And there still may be something I can do so glasses aren't needed but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Anyway, still not doing any actual paintings but hope to be able to do something in the coming weeks.  I'll keep ya posted!

No comments: