Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cardinal Rework

"Winter Cardinal"
I have been having a very hard time with not being able to paint so I've worked on the painting of the cardinal again.  Nothing major - it just didn't look finished so I added some snow flakes.  That was within my grasp as they didn't have to be placed exactly nor did they have to be perfectly detailed.  Not a major painting but it did help with the restlessness and frustration of not being able to paint what I want to paint.

However, I did start a watercolor painting.  That is also within the realm of things I can do as I can work on it in small increments of time. 

Also, watercolor is by nature somewhat looser than other media (most of the time) so I don't have to have perfect vision to paint.  Not much done on it so far as I'm working in very short periods of time to avoid headaches.  Watercolor is nice as I can give my brush a quick rinse and walk away from everything.

I'll post it when I finish if it comes out well.  There's not enough to show you anything right now but I'll tell you it's a flower.  Not only am I fed up with not being able to see well, I'm also fed up with our gloomy weather!  A bright flower seemed the perfect option - hope it really is!


Sue Clinker said...

I'm with you on the gloomy weather and the need to see/paint vibrant colours to dispel the gloom. This Winter Cardinal really fits the bill.

I hope that your eyesight problems can be resolved quickly and painlessly. So frustrating for you at the moment but you've proved that you can still produce beautiful artwork under very difficult circumstances.

Jan said...

Thank you, Sue. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. The rest of the stitches come out on the 21st then a period of adjustment & I should be able to be fitted for contacts or new glasses.