Monday, August 12, 2013

Another Oldie in Oil

Oil from maybe 30 years ago
Today I've posted an oil painting I painted about 30 years ago.  My sister and her husband have it hanging in their home in Kansas and I had asked for a photo of it which she just sent. 

The colors aren't quite accurate here because the photos were sent via email and not quite accurate.  I tried to tweak the photos as much as I could but sometimes it's like horseshoes and you can only get close.  But I wanted a record of the painting and am just grateful she sent the photos.

I posted this because oil painting has been on my mind lately and I'd like to get back to it.  It's odd how inspiration comes in waves with dead spaces in between!  But now is not an ideal time to begin an oil painting!  We're still canning, I'm still cleaning on the studio and I'm trying to figure out a subject to paint for a demonstration I'm to do at the Artestry Hideaway (more on that in another post) which won't be in oil!

Oil paintings take time and take up room and are generally one of the more messy art mediums.  As much as I want to, I just can't start a painting right now.  That creative urge will just have to wait.

Inspiration is such a fickle thing sometimes and must have a twisted sense of humor as it occurs at the darndest times and usually when it's inconvenient to do anything about it!  There are times when I feel it mocking me or maybe it's daring me to take it up on it's offer.  Because inspiration is rather fleeting, I often do drop whatever I'm doing and follow it's siren song.  Other times, like today, I just can't do that.  I only hope it will still be there when I can give in to it's seductive call.

No comments: