Saturday, March 15, 2014

Narcissus Flowers in Water Soluble Oil

Although I haven't done any more to it, there was some paint leftover from the Red Angus cow that I wanted to use but didn't want to paint anymore on the cow.  Did you get that?  lol  In short, I was bored with the bull but didn't want to waste paint!

I had a photo of these narcissus so decide to see if I could paint them.  This is still the water soluble oil paint but on a 6 x 6 inch canvas panel.  It came out a little better than the cow, or at least I thought so.  Maybe I should just stick to painting flowers in the oils or maybe I should just practice painting animals!

2 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

The Narcissus are beautiful Jan but I hope you aren't going to give up on the cow. Maybe do a couple more flower pics to get you back into painting mode and then finish the cow.

Listen to me ... who won't draw flowers as I find them too challenging (or is that less inspiring) than animal subjects. A case of 'don't do what I do, do what I say'? LOL

Jan said...

Thanks, Sue. I think it's a matter of learning/relearning how to use the water soluble oils (or any medium right now!). I just felt more comfortable with the flowers than the cow but think I'm about ready to tackle her again!